Handicap accessible bathrooms have become an important aspect; it has, in fact, become a necessity. However, we all know that accommodating the needs of a physically challenged person is quite not easy, but with efforts, we can do it. In this article, we will talk about how certain tips can make their life easy and comfortable.
- Physically challenged people are prone to slipping due to their physical disability, and this may cause serious injury to them. Therefore, it is very important to use a slip-resistant coating on the top of all surfaces in the whole bathroom, specifically in the shower or bathtub.
- The slip-proof flooring is the most effective and affordable ways of preventing accidents. As there is saying, prevention is better than cure.
- Another great idea would be if you can equip your bathroom with a shower seat. People who face problem standing, it becomes difficult for them to use the shower. Therefore the only viable option would be a shower seat.
- You can help the physically challenged person by describing him how to use the specialized equipment. You can also assist them as the uses are very simple.
- The entrance is very important, and it is the place where you need to give the most attention. You should make sure that there are no steps while leading towards the bathroom.
- For physically challenged people, it is better to get a sliding door in your bathroom or even better if you can use a curtain in place of doors. It is really important to have free shower bases for every handicap person’s bathroom.
- It is important to have handicap grab bars and rails in the bathroom of physically challenged people. This makes ordinary activities easier and manageable.
Therefore, hire a contractor who would guide you in the right direction of how to create a disabled bathroom for handicapped.